Hi people! I own a Nikon DSLR camera and I use a 256GB SanDisk memory card in it to store photos and videos. I don’t have a habit of taking backup of pictures that are stored in the memory card as it has enough memory space. Photos get stored in separate folders based on the date they are clicked on. Recently, while I was viewing the pictures that are stored in the memory card, I accidentally deleted one of the folders which had many photos. Now, I don’t have any backup, and worried about how to retrieve deleted folders from memory card?
Don’t be anxious! There are good chances of recovering deleted pictures as long as you haven’t clicked any more photos and used the memory card to write anything on it.
What happens to Deleted Pictures?
When you delete a picture from a memory card or any storage device, the actual picture does not get deleted. It remains intact as long it is overwritten by some other new files. Every file that is stored on a storage device will be assigned a pointer that holds the address of the file. So once you delete any file or folder, only the pointers are erased and space is marked as available for use. Therefore it is necessary for you to make sure not to use it as the deleted data may get overwritten and it might become impossible for you to retrieve the deleted pictures.
How Pictures can get Deleted in Different Ways:
Accidental deletion: There are chances when you may accidentally delete My Pictures folder using “Shift+Delete” option. When you do such a task, then my picture folder will get bypassed from Recycle Bin and is permanently erased. In such cases you will have to make use of recovery software in order to restore my pictures folder after deletion.
Recycle Bin deletion: When you use simple delete option on your system, deleted files are moved to Recycle Bin. If there are already many files and folders present in Recycle Bin, then the older files get deleted making place for newly deleted files. Also, if size of the folder exceeds the available size of Recycle Bin, then it gets bypassed from Recycle Bin.
Deletion by Third Party Tools: Many of us use third party tools to clear unwanted or junk data. Sometimes using such tools can be dangerous as they may delete few important pictures along with the junk data.
Deletion by Anti-virus software: Using anti-virus program in your system might keep the data stored as safe and secure. But at the same time they can be equally dangerous. For e.g. if a file is infected by virus, the anti-virus program may end up deleting the file itself if it is not possible for it to fix it.
Moving file using cut-paste command: Instead of copying pictures using copy command, you may use cut option. If there is any kind of interruptions like power failure or cancelling the transfer process abruptly, it may cause loss of photos.
Virus Attacks: There are lot of factors which play an important role in corrupting files and folders. Virus attack is one the most common data corruption scenario. Once a image file gets corrupted because of virus attack, you may end up deleting that particular image to avoid corruption to other files.
One can recover pictures or any other type of data using recover deleted folder software. It is one among the best software which enables you to recover data, no matter what the data loss scenario is. You can recover your deleted pictures from memory card by using this software.
Few Amazing characteristics of Recover Deleted Folder software
- Efficient scan engine: It has one of the quickest and most efficient scan engines that help in scanning and retrieving lost or deleted data within few minutes.
- Supports various brands: This software helps in recovering pictures from various brands of memory cards (SanDisk, Transcend, etc), hard disks(Seagate, WD, Toshiba, etc) and flash drives.
- File systems: It can recover pictures, documents and any other type of data from FAT32, NTFS, FAT16, NTFS5 partitions or drives.
- Storage devices: This software supports recovery of pictures from various storage devices like memory cards, External hard drive, SSD, flash drives, system hard disk drives etc.
- File types: It is possible to recover different image file formats like .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif etc. Along with images it also supports recovery of different audio file formats like wav, mp3 etc and video file formats like mp4, avi, mov etc.
- Compatibility: This software is compatible with various versions of Windows like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 8. A separate version of this software is available to recover data from Mac computers running on various Mac OS X like Yosemite, Snow leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Leopard etc.
- Preview: It gives you a preview option which helps in viewing files after the scanning is complete. This will help you to make a decision on whether you have to purchase the license key or not.
Steps to recover photos using this software:
Step 1: Download and install Recover Deleted Folder software. Connect your memory card or any other storage device to the system.
Step 2: Double click on the shortcut icon on the desktop to launch the software. You can also go to Start, point to All Programs and click on the software name.
Step 3: On the main screen, you will get three options namely, Recover Files, Recover Photos and Recover Drives.
Step 4: Select Recover Photos from the above options. On the next screen you get two more options i.e. Recover Deleted Photos and Recover Lost Photos.
Since you have to recover deleted pictures, you need to select the first option i.e. Recover Deleted Photos.
Step 5: Now the software displays you a list of available drives or storage devices. Choose appropriate drive.
Step 6: The software now gives you an option to select the pictures based on the file type, size, date or name of the file. Click on Next.
Step 7: Once you click on next, scanning process commences. When scanning is complete, it gives you an option to preview the files that have to be restored.
Step 8: Now software gives you option to either recover deleted pictures from the entire drive or manually select which pictures you want to recover.
Step 9: This software helps you save the recovery session with the help of “Save Recovery Session” option.
Step 10: If you are happy and satisfied with the scanning result, you can go ahead and purchase the full version of this software.
Step 11: Once you get the license key, make use of save recovery session file in order to restore pictures from memory card.
The same procedure can be followed to recover deleted pictures from any of the storage devices like system hard disk, external hard drive, flash drives, SSD etc.
- Always make sure that you keep a backup of important files and folders.
- Use updated and trustworthy anti-virus software to keep your system and your storage devices free from viruses.